←Older revision | Newer revision→
As we learn MediaWiki, we will add content to this page. Feel free to add new info, as well as reformat and refactor this page.
Adding a new page
- To add a new page from a link, click on a link that hasn't been defined. This will take you to the edit and allow you to create that page.
- To add a new page without using a link, put the page name into the search box and click "Go". This will give you the opportunity to create the new page.
Signing a Comment
Under PhpWiki, we habitually signed our comments by manually writing --UserName. However, MediaWiki provides several shortcuts for this process.
- ~~~~ will produce your username and a Date/time stamp. Eg. KenSchry 11:54, 4 July 2006 (EDT)
- ~~~ will produce your username. Eg. KenSchry
- ~~~~~ will produce a Date/time stamp. Eg. 11:54, 4 July 2006 (EDT)
- Pressing the "Your signature with Timestamp" button above the edit field will produce --~~~~ automatically.
If you are particularly interested in a page, click on the watch tab. You will then be told when someone else has made changes. Useful for those intense debates, or keeping an eye on a page that has been targeted by "Wiki Vandals".
Adding a Calendar
To implement a calendar, you only need to type <calendar></calendar>. However, there are several parameters that give you added functionality . Please see the README for these parameters.
Would result in:
The tags to implement a task are <tasks>...</tasks>.
This is the format for the different priorities of tasks.
[ ] Regular task.
 High priority task.
 Medium priority task.
 Low priority task.
[!] Urgent task.
[x] Closed task.
To identify who created the task, write (OwnerUsername) at the end of the task. Please note that this now means that you cannot put a period at the end of the task.
For example, to create a high priority task of formatting pages and identify it with a username, you would type:
<tasks>  Need to format pages that were damaged in the PhpWiki conversion (KenSchry) </tasks>
Which would result in:
Need to format pages that were damaged in the PhpWiki conversion (KenSchry)
Tasks can be viewed on the Special:Tasks page and are grouped by priority.