A simple Star Pilot (who is another self proclaimed Emperor of all the Solar System :-), wandering a few universes of existence (Analog, Digital, Personal Imaginings, Self Delusion, etc :-D). A GamePhilosopher in mind, spirit, and body.
Interested in many things.
Primary Interest: Looking To The Stars
Other interests include (but certainly not limited to): InformationCenters (including ConceptManagement, KnowledgeManagement), Cosmology, Astronomy, QuantumPhysics, GameTheory, StrategyGames, SoftwareDesign (aka SoftwareMethodology), PocketDigitalAssistants (particularly PocketPCs), ArtificialIntelligence, ArtificialStupidity (generally found in Games, but used elsewhere as well), ExpertSystems, Robotics.
I am an optimist about people, and a pessimest about situations. This explains how good people do bad things (especially to each other).
I'm getting very tired of the Marketting Vandalism that occurs. We could do with a bit more IP records of the people coming here and changing pages to be nothing but their markerting links. With IP records, I could then at least pester their provider and their upstream provider that they have users vandalisizing and harassing web communities. That tends to get the attention of commercial ISP providers. If they are bugging us, they are likely to be bugging other web communities, so the complaints will be building up.
There's always idiots and super-selfish animals that abuse whatever is available until you sick a PoliceForce on them. It's sad but true fact.
Oh, I love discussion. I found out early in life that it is a very interesting way to become exposed/aware of ideas and information that I would not have found on my own. And that playing Devil's Advocate is a good way to generate/continue a discussion on interesting things. :-D
- Scientific Proceedure And Extreme Programming to see if anyone else noticed something...
- What Is Intelligence
And now, an app or three that I find useful in my work.
- Key Note - URL: http://www.lodz.pdi.net/~eristic/free/keynote.html - Info: useful for making/keeping/organizing notes of information in tree (hiearchial) list.
- Notebook - URL: http://notebook.wjduquette.com/index.php?title=Main_Page - Info: A one stack/Wiki on a Stick freeware program. The program and its data files can all be kept on a single USB thumb, and this is why it makes a good "Wiki on a Stick" option.
- Easy Reach - URL: http://www.easyreach.com/ - Enfish sold its product to Easy Reach. They are now maintaining the Enfish product under the name/brand Easy Reach. In addition to the standard perpetual license you can buy for the shareware/trialware, they offer a subscription service that lets you access your desktop search engine from your Blackberry.
- Password Keeper - URL: http://www.gregorybraun.com/PassKeep.html - : Info: Has nice set of features for a password keeper program. You can maintain as many files as you want, and the files are encrypted. Like many of Gregory Braun's applications, it has a preset limit (1000). I chose this app because it was originally freeware, and it enabled me to create new accounts, log the account and its password into a new PK file, and email that encrypted file to my authoring station (Home or Work) to be merged into my 'proper' PK file. This app has been around for many years, dating back to when no other password keeper could come close, especially not when it was freeware.
- Personal Brain - URL: http://www.thebrain.com/products/personalbrain/default.html - Info: Useful as an URL organizer, graphing anything involving flows, and hierachial lists with shortcut/symbolic linking (just like UNIX and Win9x/NT file structures).
- Winzip - URL: http://www.winzip.com/ - Info: Useful zipper/archiver. ;-)
- Zoot - URL: http://www.zootsoftware.com/ - Info: Personal Database. Can organize lots of info, including Outlook PIM info. You can assign items to multiple databases, multiple projects, multiple folders inside all of that.
Truly amazing language parser: Daisy just blows me away! Its a "ChatBot" (sometimes they are called ChatterBot) project that can learn any language from nothing! Very nice parser. It's grammatical skills seem to end up at about bright child. Freeware!
Mark your calendars
Asteriod fly by visible to the naked eye -- Once in a millenium event! Of course, it won't happen until 2029. But it gives you a chance to start planning out a nice, dark area to see this. ;-)